Westwing Motors do a full Pre-NCT check on your car in our garage in Blanchardstown, Dublin 15 and will do whatever work that needs to be done for it to pass. Preparing your car for scheduled NCT test is straight forward, please see the check list that we will do when you come to our garage before going for NCT.
Why you can trust Westwing Motors for NCT test preparation in Dublin 15 area
- Best mechanics in the business
- Affordable & reliable
- Recovering Vehicles within 100 miles of Dublin
- Westwing Motors is a modern, fully equipped garage utilising the latest technology to assist our technicians in keeping our customers’ cars and vans operating efficiently and economically
In an industry that is subject to constant and rapid change Westwing Motors remains true to its core philosophies of a ‘passion for excellence’‘ and ‘our customers are our future’. So why not pay a visit to our garage in Dublin 15 to avail of our top class service and a customer experience you won’t forget?
What does the Westwing Motors Pre-NCT Check Include?
- Service brake pedal
- Service brake operation
- Master cylinder / Servo / Valves / Connections
- Mechanical brake hand lever
- Mechanical brake components
- Brake fluid
- Brake lines and hoses
- Brake wheel units
- Stop lamps / bulbs
- Side lamps
- Headlamp condition
- Rear lamps and registration plate lamp
- Headlamp aim
- Auxiliary lamp condition
Steering wheel play:
- Front and rear wheel side slip
- Steering linkage
- Wheel bearings
- Shock absorber condition
- Front and rear springs
- Front and rear suspension
- Steering & Suspension
- Tyre tread depth
- Identification of suitable compliance markings
- Tyre condition and correct specification for all tyres
- Spare wheel and external carrier
What can you do for NCT preparation – Check list
- Your car has adequate oil and water.
- The boot is empty and your vehicle is clear of all valuables and personal belongings.
- The wheel hubcaps are removed (only in the case where wheel nuts are not visible) and the tyres are inflated to the correct pressure.
- The vehicle is reasonably clean (especially the underbody).
- We also recommend that you have your lights checked and set prior to the NCT.
- The engine is in a fit state to be tested e.g. cam belt / timing belt. You may be asked to sign a disclaimer at the test centre.
- All seat belts and clips are fully visible (including rear).
- Your Vehicle Registration Book, Registration Certificate or Licensing Certificate is with you when you arrive at the test centre.
- Your vehicle is at a normal operating temperature prior to arriving at the test centre for inspection
- You bring identification (driving licence) with you on the day of the test. The person who brings the car for inspection brings their identification with them (driving licence) as failure to provide the required identification will result in the vehicle not being issued an NCT certificate at the time of testing
- You have your test fee of €55.00, plus any cancellation fee (if applicable) payable by cash, laser card and all major credit cards (excluding American Express).
- Your registration plates comply with current regulations